We continue talking with Heyward about the infamous Bankwoody sign. And the larger question: why Dunwoody Village has so many dang banks!
This week we had our oldest living guest ever, Heyward Wescott, come on to talk about the Dunwoody Tornado that struck exactly 20 years ago today (April 9, 1998).
Justin, Heyward, and Matt!
Love it or list it?
Our first April Fool’s special. Show topics include a mix of true and untrue stories about…
- Dunwoody Country Club
- Undercover cops at the mall
- Bridges to the mall
- Elevated 285 lanes
- 1200 new aparetments coming to Dunwoody
- The Donaldson Bannister house
- Backyard chickens
- Little lending libraries
- And more!
This week Matt and Justin sat down at Moondog Growlers in Dunwoody to talk with operator Trey Various and owner Tommy Burda. Show topics:
- Dunwoody’s only “to go” bar, and the uniqueness of a place where you can sit down, have a few pints, then walk away with a to-go growler of your favorite beer
- some of the history of Moondog Growlers
- The tech behind Digital Pour that lets customers see whats on tap from their phones, or sitting at the bar. You can even see how much of a keg is left
- What Mardi Gra beads around the tap means.
- Whether they’ve had to bounce any knuckleheads from the bar
- Why Trey is the beer whisperer
- Their desert island beers
- Brief mention about the Dunwoody City Council discussing Pub Brews and Growlers earlier in the evening. Could Moondogs one day have a drive thru? The City Council didn’t rule that out!
This week in Dunwoody News: we discussed…
- Hobnob Restaurant replacing Mimi’s (and what happens when you mix board games and food),
- Nancy’s Pizza
- Big Dave’s Cheesesteaks
- How come there are no Dunwoody roof top bars
- Bitcoin sold in Dunwoody
- The best Emmissions place ever
- Ozark season 2 casting in Atlanta
- How to get a permit from the city of Dunwoody to close off the street.
- The real Dunwoody cops and be on the lookout for an imposter cop
- What will replace the Burger King
- Monarchs, Margaritas and Martinis coming back to the Dunwoody Nature center
- Local spelling bee champ Ryan Donavan advances
- Is Perimeter Mall Closing (shameless click bait, it’s NOT closing)
- The Dekalb water main break
- Husband-sized holes.
Show topics this week:
- Brook Run Baseball Fields getting new turf
- License plate thief
- Best of the Dunwoody Police Blotter
- Dunwoody Citizen Police Academy
- CDC worker missing
- Golf carts
Show topics: Lost Dog Dot, Storm Reid comes to Kingsley Elementary, Killer Mailbox Wasps, City Housing Task Force, New Green Areas in Chamblee
Podcast 1 – Burger King Out of Dunwoody Village, Brook Run Rock Stand and Disc Golf Course, Public Design Workshop
Show topics: Burger King Out of Dunwoody Village, Brook Run Rock Stand and Disc Golf Course, Public Design Workshop About the show: A weekly Dunwoody podcast from Matthew Weber, real estate agent (and part-time Clubhouse Manager at Dunwoody Driving Club) and Justin Dike, app/web developer (and part-time social director at the Georgetown Recreation Club). We are just 2 regular guys talking about Dunwoody. Topics include restaurants, events, police blotter, and anything covered on our What’s Up Dunwoody Facebook Page and conversations borrowed from our Dunwoody Area Restaurant Review Facebook Group. Do you own a local business? Would you, or someone you know, like to be on the show? Contact us here.