Mad Italian in Chamblee is moving… down the street. The new location is further down Savoy Drive, and the old location is becoming a burger-bar called Duke’s! Here’s Tom and Shannon to tell you more.
- The importance of community involvement and spirit nights
- Sponsoring Murphy Candler, DHS Volleyball, Chesnut, Georgetown Rec
- How many sports could possibly need sponsorships?
- Moving down Savoy into the Allure Nightclub… I mean Malone’s
- The building has been completely redone
- Justin hates on Taco Bell but Matt loves it, once in a while
- If you’re over 50, you don’t listen to podcasts
- The mustache logo is still king
- Original prices are awesome – $1.85 cheesesteaks in 1973
- Mad Italian is 45 years old!
- They’ll soon have 30 beers on tap
- Duke’s Burgers and Brews will open in the old location
- No need for buns… just eat the meat
- The introduction of Duke’s
- Their boy John seems to be a bit of a bada$$
- Check out their special pickles
- Duke’s will be military-branded
- We’re ok with Chamblee’s fences
- There will be extra rooms for private events
- Why Mad Girls is better than SpongeBoobs
- They raised over $5,000 for breast cancer
- Splitting up the team to run 2 seperate restaurants
- Grand Opening hopefully the beginning of August on a Tuesday
About the show: A weekly Dunwoody podcast from Matthew Weber, real estate agent, business owner and Clubhouse Manager at Dunwoody North Driving Club and Justin Dike, app/web developer, founder of PoolDues.com (a pool member billing software and check in app) and social director at the Georgetown Recreation Club. We are just 2 regular guys talking about Dunwoody. Topics include restaurants, events, police blotter, and anything covered on our What’s Up Dunwoody Facebook Page and conversations borrowed from our Dunwoody Area Restaurant Review Facebook Group.
To contact both Matt and Justin, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selling or buying a home in the Atlanta area? Contact Matt the REALTOR and the Dogwood Team at email@example.com.