- Mayor Shortal talks about the origins of the City of Dunwoody
- The city hasn’t raised taxes in the entire time of being a city, and city taxes are lower in Dunwoody than almost any other city in Atlanta
- The city has 4 months of operational reserve in the bank and operates on a policy of, “paying while we go with the money that we have” so that it doesn’t go into debt
- Stormwater pipes and infrastructure is one of the biggest issues in Dunwoody – the city has now surveyed every single pipe in the city and even found some the county didn’t know about
- Parks are a super important part of Dunwoody –
- We have 3 new parks and existing parks have been enhanced
- The parks are for everyone
- Fields at Peachtree Middle School are for community use after school hours
- The great lawn and bandshell are going to get additional parking and bathrooms
- Austin Elementary
- The new site is scheduled to open in the fall of this year
- The site of the old school will be surveyed to determine the actual quality of the building before the city decides what to do with the space
- Nonprofits and clubs are important and part and parcel of the success of the city
- Dunwoody Nature Center, the Preservation Trust, the Spruill Center for the Arts, the Stage Doors Players, the women’s club, the garden club, and others make our city great!
- They provide services and money for the city like preservation of the Donaldson Bannister house, new flag poles, city benches, etc.
About the show: A weekly Dunwoody podcast from Matthew Weber, real estate agent, business owner and Clubhouse Manager at Dunwoody North Driving Club and Justin Dike, app/web developer, founder of PoolDues.com (a pool member billing software and check in app) and social director at the Georgetown Recreation Club. We are just 2 regular guys talking about Dunwoody. Topics include restaurants, events, police blotter, and anything covered on our What’s Up Dunwoody Facebook Page and conversations borrowed from our Dunwoody Area Restaurant Review Facebook Group.
To contact both Matt and Justin, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selling or buying a home in the Atlanta area? Contact Matt the REALTOR and the Dogwood Team at email@example.com.