- Trails around town help mitigate our traffic problems
- For every tree taken down a new one is planted
- Eventually the trails in Dunwoody will run all the way to the Perimeter area
- The Peachtree Gateway Partnership is Dunwoody, Brookhaven, Chamblee, and Doraville working together to connecting their trails and eventually linking up with the Beltline
- The mayor has some ideas for bicycle and scooter sharing to also help ease vehicular congestion
- The mayor is going to meet with Dunwoody school principals to talk about ideas for encouraging carpooling
- The traffic problem isn’t going to be fixed with just one solution, that’s why there are lots of ideas on the table
- The city has approved some work for the new High Street project
- The developer got approval before 2008 when Dunwoody became a city, so some of the zoning approval is outside the control of the current city, but if the developers decide to make changes, then the city will have to give approval
- The biggest problem will be increased traffic
- Hopefully people who work here will decide to live here and thus not need to commute
- The plan is for 900 condos to be built on a timeline with 1 tower at a time as pre-sales come in
- There will be a trail running through the property and 3 acres of parks
- It’s a 10 year project
- No more than 10% of the units can be rentals
- The people who designed Avalon have been hired on to help design the space
About the show: A weekly Dunwoody podcast from Matthew Weber, real estate agent, business owner and Clubhouse Manager at Dunwoody North Driving Club and Justin Dike, app/web developer, founder of PoolDues.com (a pool member billing software and check in app) and social director at the Georgetown Recreation Club. We are just 2 regular guys talking about Dunwoody. Topics include restaurants, events, police blotter, and anything covered on our What’s Up Dunwoody Facebook Page and conversations borrowed from our Dunwoody Area Restaurant Review Facebook Group.
To contact both Matt and Justin, email email@example.com.
Selling or buying a home in the Atlanta area? Contact Matt the REALTOR and the Dogwood Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.